Get into the holiday spirit with Chef Ronnie’s Egg Nog. This recipe makes enough to feed the whole neighborhood, so if you are hosting fewer people, feel free to divide the recipe ingredients accordingly.
Egg Nog for the Neighborhood
(Makes 100 cups)
- 48 eggs separated
- 1 quart bourbon
- 1 gallon heavy cream
- Grated nutmeg
To make the base:
- Beat the egg yolks together with the sugar until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Add the whole milk, bourbon and cognac, stir well.
- Just before serving whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Whip the egg whites to similar consistency and fold both the cream and the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Pour the eggnog in a very large bowl, sprinkle fresh nutmeg on top and serve