FRONT PORCH SWING COCKTAIL
You need 3 things to enjoy this incredibly delicious drink.
- Homemade Chamomile Honey Syrup
- A Front Porch Swing
Keep batches of your Chamomile Honey Syrup on hand all Spring to get you through the rainy days till Summer – Only 50 days to go! Prepare this drink in a highball glass and visit your local flower market to try and get your hands on some Chamomile Flowers. Sip slowly through a straw as you hang out on your front porch enjoying the views…whether you’re on the Lower East Side, or up at your country house…you’ll be glad to have this cocktail in hand.
Chamomile Honey Syrup
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup local honey
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 chamomile tea bags
1. In a medium saucepan, bring water, honey, and sugar to a boil. Stir until honey and sugar are dissolved.
2. Remove from heat and add 4 tea bags. Let steep for 5 minutes. Press the tea bags of their liquid and remove from the syrup. Return to a simmer and cook down for 20 to 30 minutes. You should have about 2 cups of liquid.
3. Remove from heat and add remaining 2 bags of tea. Let steep and cool for 10 minutes.
Makes approximately 2 cups syrup.
To make one cocktail:
- 1.5 oz bourbon (we suggest Makers Mark)
- 3 oz. drink base which is:(1.5 oz chamomile tea, .75 oz honey syrup,.75 oz lemon and orange juice
- Lemon twist garnish (or chamomile flower if available)